When you need a new water heater installed in your Delaware home, call Peninsula. We provide expert water heater installation services throughout the Delmarva area.
Call Peninsula at 302-262-8253 for water heater installation. We also do water heater repair!
Understanding How Water Heaters Work
All home water heaters accomplish the same task—heating water for your family’s use—but they do it in slightly different ways.
Electric Water Heaters
An electric water heater has two metal heating elements: upper and lower. Cold water is delivered to the bottom of the tank, where the lower heating element warms it up. The upper heating element is only activated when there is a high demand for hot water. Electric water heaters usually cost slightly less to purchase and are easy to maintain. They heat water fast and many are highly energy-efficient.
Gas or Propane-Fueled Water Heaters
Gas and propane water heaters work similarly to electric units, in that the cold water is delivered to the bottom of the tank and then heated. However, the water is heated by a gas burner rather than a metal heating element. Gas and propane water heaters typically have a higher purchase price, but can cost less to operate. Tank-style gas water heaters are not affected by power outages.
Tankless or On-Demand Water Heaters
The tankless water heater enjoys a stellar reputation for energy efficiency and reliability. It uses less energy overall because it only heats water when needed, rather than keeping an entire tank hot. There are two types of tankless water heaters: point-of-use, which delivers hot water to one specific use, and whole-house, which produces enough hot water for an entire household’s use. They can be powered by gas, propane, or electricity. Tankless water heaters generally require a higher upfront cost, but can decrease your home’s energy usage by up to 30 percent.
Other factors to consider when choosing a new water heater:
- Have your hot water needs changed? If you have a larger family than you did when you moved in, you may need a higher-capacity heater.
- Keep in mind that water heater standards were updated in April 2015. All new water heaters are more efficient. Units that hold 55 gallons or more won’t seem much different; they may be a couple of inches larger. But heavy-duty waters that hold more than 55 gallons will be larger and may not fit where your previous heater was. Contact Peninsula if you have questions about the new water heater standards.
Why Install a New Water Heater?
Today’s water heaters are advanced machines with lots of pioneering technical tools. You can choose a water heater that features:
- WiFi – Just like with a programmable thermostat, you can program your electric water heater remotely to save energy and money.
- Smart Technology – There are now “smart” water heaters that are equipped with sensors that gauge the temperature and other factors to change their energy levels and operation depending on your usage.
- Electronic Gas Valves – Advanced electronic gas valves enable superior temperature control. They use LED (light-emitting diode) indicators to check on the status of the pilot light and provide diagnostics on the water heater’s performance.
Water Heaters We Install
At Peninsula, we only install products that have proven performance and reliability. Here are the manufacturers we carry:
- A.O. Smith – A.O. Smith is known for its tankless water heater innovation, with a full lineup of ENERGY STAR®-qualified appliances that offer ample hot water and increased flow rates.
- American – American Water Heaters is a leading manufacturer of high-quality water heater products with manufacturing, research and development, and corporate offices located right here in the U.S.
- Bradford White – Bradford White has always been known as a water heater innovator. All of their modern water heaters feature the Intelligent Control (Icon) system, which offers numerous energy and time-saving features and benefits.
- Noritz – Noritz America offers a broad range of tankless gas water heaters.
- Rheem – Rheem offers energy-efficient options such as tankless and hybrid water heaters that can save you money while helping the environment.
- Rinnai Tankless – Rinnai Tankless Water Heaters save money on your energy bill by heating water only when needed, unlike a traditional tank-style water heater that heats and reheats water all day long.
- State – State water heater components are manufactured to strict standards and built with enamels that flex with extreme water temperatures to ensure a longer product life.
- Takagi – Takagi water heaters have pioneered new technology in the tankless water heating industry. They provide condensing water heaters that utilize concentric venting with PVC vent pumps. Takagi also offers a wide variety of ENERGY STAR products.
Water Heater Installation in the Delmarva Area
When it’s time to install a new water heater in your Delmarva home, bring in the pros! Call Peninsula at 302-262-8253 to schedule service!