When you need to replace the water heater in your Delaware or Maryland area home, call Peninsula Plumbing. We have been serving the region since 1935. We can help you decide which make, model, and type of water heater is right for your home and your family’s needs.
Call Peninsula Plumbing at 302-262-8253 for water heater replacement in the Delmarva area. Or contact us online to learn more.
How Do You Know if Your Water Heater Needs Replacing?
If your water heater is completely kaput and can’t be fixed, obviously it needs to be replaced. But there are other, less obvious signs that you will most likely need a water heater replacement.
- Your water heater is 10-15 years old or older. Not only is your older water heater likely not performing as well as it should, but its energy efficiency and other features are way out of date. Current water heaters are up to 20% more energy efficient than older models and offer more convenience and comfort. Replacing your old water heater can help save you money on your utility bills.
- You see signs of leaking around the water heater. Leaking around the base of the tank is a sign of internal failure or malfunction. A water heater leak can quickly turn serious and cause damage to your home. Call for service right away if your water heater tank is leaking.
Types of Water Heaters
Choosing the right replacement water heater for your home depends on many factors. Each type has its own characteristics to consider. At Peninsula Plumbing, we install electric, gas, and tankless water heaters.
- Electric water heaters usually cost slightly less to purchase and are easy to maintain. They heat water quickly and many are highly energy-efficient. Cold water is delivered to the bottom of the tank, where the lower heating element warms it up. The upper heating element is only activated when there is a high demand for hot water.
- Gas water heaters typically have a higher purchase price, but can cost less to operate. Gas water heaters work similarly to electric units, in that the cold water is delivered to the bottom of the tank and then heated. However, the water is heated by a gas burner rather than a metal heating element.
- Tankless or on-demand water heaters generally require a higher upfront cost, but can shrink energy usage by up to 30 percent. There are two types of tankless water heaters: point-of-use, which delivers hot water to one specific point, and whole-house, which produces enough hot water for an entire household’s use. They can be powered by gas, propane, or electricity, take up little space, and are a good choice for vacation houses or homes occupied only part-time.
The choice may be obvious, depending on your home’s access to a gas line or other features, but if you have question, we can help! If you want to know more about the replacement water heaters Peninsula Plumbing installs, please give us a call at 302-262-8253.
Count on Peninsula for Delmarva Water Heater Replacement
You can depend on Peninsula for:
- An unequaled commitment to your needs and personal satisfaction
- Reliable, around-the-clock emergency service, 365 days a year
- Expert installation and upgrades, maximizing system performance
- Worry-free payment plans that respect your budget
To schedule service or learn more about us, call Peninsula Plumbing at 302-262-8253 or contact us online.